Sunday, October 24, 2010

surreal feel

within each new experience there is a new space for growth. I have found within my new studio a calling I never knew I had... to bring people together to work artistically. I found art relatively early in life. I never had to worry after that. I wasn't alone. I believe it is within everyone's grasp. I feel the space telling me the goal is to share. To see them sitting there has helped my psyche. The space is allowing things to happen and grow. My art watches while I sleep. It guards and protects. Surrounding spirits of those I've known. I have brought spirits through my art as well as allowed others to find themselves within the art spiritually. It goes on in circles. I don't let it end with one singular definition. My father visited me in a painting. My husband left his mark. My flame fire spire absorbed my canvas and from a wilted photograph, Lucille looked at me with my eyes, my face, my hair. I must've run around before not long ago... and found myself back here after meeting death five years after school. The dead are the stones of my foundation and do burst forth from my pen again and again. Keep your eyes keen on this thinning veil. You will see through moonlight and mist the deepening essence of those around us. ~ k (penh) w

No comments:

Post a Comment