Tuesday, February 1, 2011

skulls, death, magick, books, moons, trees, coffins

Images of the mind extend into the artworks of late. I have begun a creation around six by six inches on canvas of a skull with his forehead in a book. Trees, death and the invocation of that time I wish to recreate within my artworks. I can effectively hide in there. The space between the paint, the clay, the paper. I have found a firmament on canvas. A place to go when there is no way to travel, no way to get out. Iced over in the housecave. Drums begin in my brain, over my grave. I haven't heard a beat so far but a long distant echo of once running drums, long hair... circles of stars. It's created within me a need to belong within that story... if only to share it and keep it alive. As with the beat, the dance... a deep swim within. I dive for the flame of the ordinary light. Keep me safe and sane as I balance this cusp of wherever. Heavy screams and fades. This is the time for urgency and force of sound... some music I can not ignore struggles to break free. ~ k

No comments:

Post a Comment